As I always state I will be utmost honest with all of you because you either have been down my path or know of someone who has. These past couple weeks I have been under what is called ‘Spiritual Attack’. Since I am still new in walking in my faith I didn’t understand and better yet know how to comprehend what was happening to me. See at these times in my life positive things were happening and praise to God was flourishing. Then if you remember correctly “it” happened, the picture of my ex married with my old best friend present, you know the post I confessed about? However I never understood that at that moment of pure weakness and a moment of doubt ‘HE’ better know of SATAN himself got in. This is where the attack began…..to some of you who have no idea what I am referencing let me break it down because I had to fully investigate the feelings that were changing with in me.
These points I have taken from Ryan LeStrange article ‘Signs You Are Under Spiritual Attack’
1. Lack of spiritual passion. The enemy comes to steal your tenacity for the things of God. Suddenly your prayer life seems stalled. Your commitment is tested and you can’t seem to push though. You feel as though you are just going through the motions.
2. Extreme frustration. During a spiritual attack the enemy uses a variety of circumstances to oppress the mind and bring great frustration. A person who is under siege finds themselves on edge and anxious.
3. Confusion about purpose. During a spiritual attack there is often great confusion about spiritual direction. This is one of the chief goals of an attack, to get a believer out of destiny. That wrong move begins by bringing confusion.
4. Lack of peace. The enemy bombards the mind with various thoughts and ongoing temptation in order to rob peace. The mind becomes irritated and exhausted. The enemy does all that he can to bring mental fatigue.
5. Unusually sluggish and tired. A lack of energy and vitality are often the result of an extended attack. Certainly these issues can occur with natural problems, lack of sleep or health battles. In this case though, the root cause is the effect of prolonged spiritual battles.
6. Strong urge to quit assignment. Every believer is born with unique purpose. As God created a purpose for each believer, He also gave unique gifts and grace to fulfill that plan. When a person is living in the high calling, they will prosper in various areas: They will receive financial blessing by excelling in the area that God has called them to. They will feel satisfied and fulfilled living out their destiny.
Simply put, the enemy hates when a believer is boldly walking out their purpose and plan. He does all that he can to MOVE the Christian away from their destiny. During an attack he will overwhelm them with thoughts and desires to give up and abandon their post! This is one of his greatest purposes behind spiritual attacks.
7. Drawn back towards old bondages. In a long spiritual battle a person is often pulled back towards negative cycles that they broke free from. The enemy wants to enslave them once again in the same old bondages. If he can discourage them bad enough to give into sin that they were free from then he can loose shame and condemnation upon them causing them to spiral down into deeper defeat.
8. Questioning direction and call that was one so clear. As the enemy attacks the life of a believer he begins to give them reasons to give up on the very thing that God called them to. This is one of his master tools. He releases confusion, shame, intimidation and a variety of vile schemes to create a cloud of uncertainty. Again, his ultimate goal is to get a believer off the pathway of destiny, A person who is under attack may find themselves deeply questioning the road that they are traveling. Usually, they begin to reexamine decisions that were once crystal clear. Oftentimes a person in the midst of an attack will question prophetic words, spiritual breakthroughs and significant experiences that they had. This is a step towards moving backwards in the Spirit.
Since I devoted myself to God not one Sunday I missed mass for it reminds me of my purpose and gives me a good push of positivity for the week. I missed 3 Sundays in a row, reading scripture & speaking to the Lord became non-existent as if the anger I was feeling fueled this separation. I became comfortable again having drinks on a “non” holiday event this I mean 2-3 per week. I noticed the changes and knew I had to face them and figure how to grasp my purpose again.
Sunday night I had a talk with our God and cried, asked him to please help me for my heart was heavy and I didn’t know what to do, I sobbed continuously in prayer for about 15 minutes. You never know what way God will answer you or the power behind what he reminds you of. Monday out of no where I get a text from someone I barely talked to from my past, someone who still talks to the “ex” best friend accusing me of talking bad about him and when I mean unleashing profanity and curses to the point of harassment not only about me but about GOD, it was extreme. But in that moment as angry as I was I knew who it was and I knew I needed to stand righteously as the daughter of Christ. See the old me would of reacted the way the DEVIL wanted with rage and discontent but the new me saw what GOD was telling me. I can’t let these circumstances or people take me away from all I have accomplished….LITERALLY ALL. I have rebuilt myself and let go of the negativity that once bound me to my very core. Honestly I smiled knowing he was reminding of the ‘POWER’ he has given me to not only recognize the actions of Satan but to dismiss them. See these individuals want me to succumb to their bitterness, hatred, childishness and instead I prayed for their souls that are under attack. See just like the video I posted last week, I am not fighting people I am fighting the demons that are in them against me. I say to all of you the power of Satan is real BUT THE POWER & SALVATION OF OF LORD JESUS IS GREATER….
No matter your fight he is there waiting for you to reach out!